A complete online application
Only students who applied online through our online application tool, completed the 3 steps of the application process, received a final confirmation email (after the 3rd step) and didn’t fail to upload any required documents (see below) will be assessed by the Consortium Admission Board after each deadline.
A good and matching educational background
Candidates must have completed an academic BA degree in a discipline of relevance to Euroculture. Erasmus Mundus scholarship applicants must upload a copy of their BA diploma before 1 December. Those who apply as regular students can send their copy of their BA diploma after the deadline, in case they have not finished their BA degree before the deadline.
A matching educational background is for example a degree in the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences, such as: European studies, History, International Relations, Cultural studies, Literature, Sociology, Political Sciences, Anthropology, Philosophy, Communication and Media Studies, International/ European Law, Theology.
A good command of the English language
Find the minimum CAE/CPE, TOEFL and IELTS test scores required to join the Euroculture Programme:
- TOEFL paper-based: 580 or TOEFL iBT (internet-based): 92
- IELTS: minimum overall score 6.5, with no part score (listening, reading, writing, speaking) under 5.5
- CAE or CPE – Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), C1 or Cambridge Proficiency in English (CPE), C2
Notes and exemptions:
– If your score is lower than the scores mentioned above, you will not be eligible for the programme.
– Any other English test than the TOEFL, CAE/CPE or IELTS is not considered as valid by the Euroculture Admission Board. However, for students applying through the University of Groningen, the English test at the Language Center Groningen is sufficient.
- Students from China are required to submit a TOEFL iBT or IELTS test (no CAE).
- If Uppsala is your first university of choice and you take a TOEFL test: in addition to uploading your examinee report online, please ask the TOEFL test center to send a copy of your results directly to Admissions Officer, Master Programme in Euroculture (HEC2M), Admissions Office, Uppsala University, Box 256, SE 751 05 Uppsala, Sweden.
The following candidates do not have to submit English test results:
– Natives from English-speaking countries;
– Students who have lived in an English-speaking country and completed at least one year of tertiary studies where the language of instruction was English;
– Students who had English as their language of instruction during their whole BA programme.
– Other exceptions may apply. In case you have reasonable proof of English not covered by the exception rule, please contact the Euroculture consortium office.
Candidates who are exempted from submitting the results of an English Test (except native speakers) do have to upload an official university statement saying that English was their language of instruction.
No missing documents
Only applications containing all required uploads/documents will be assessed.