Vacancy: Course Coordinator Euroculture (0.8 fte)
10 May 2017
The Faculty of Arts is a large, dynamic faculty in the heart of the city of Groningen. It has more than 5000 students and 700 staff members, who are working at the frontiers of knowledge every day. The Faculty offers a wide range of degree programmes: 15 Bachelor's programmes and over 40 Master's tracks. Our research, which is internationally widely acclaimed, covers the following fields: Archaeology, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Journalism, Language and Literary Studies, and Linguistics.
General description of the position
The Institute for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies of the Faculty of Arts is seeking an enthusiastic course coordinator for the consortium secretariat of the Erasmus Mundus master Euroculture: Europe in the Wider World.
Euroculture is a two-year English taught, interdisciplinary and international Erasmus Mundus master programme. The Euroculture department in Groningen both coordinates the MA programme offered at the University of Groningen, and is the coordinator of the Euroculture consortium.
The candidate will work together with the first Euroculture coordinator and will perform tasks related to the coordination for the Groningen programme as well as to the management of the Euroculture consortium. The new coordinator’s assignments will have a focus on coordination & administration on the one hand, and Public Relations on the other.
- coordination of the programme (study guide, course schedule, 2nd & 3rd semester mobility, evaluations etc.)
- contact management with partners in the Euroculture network
- co-organize events like lectures, PR events, introduction programme, excursions etc.
- keep alumni database and Erasmus Mundus database up-to-date
- attend faculty meetings
- assist students with registering at the university or with the consortium
- prepare invoices for fees, make insurance arrangements
- coordination of scholarship payments
- prepare transcript of records.
b) Public Relations
- informing prospective students on details of the Euroculture programme
- maintenance of 2 websites (Groningen site & consortium site)
- maintain Facebook sites for Euroculture Groningen and Euroculture consortium
- contribute to the updating of PR and marketing of the programme
- work with the Euroculture student master ambassador in organizing PR events.
Qualifications and experience:
- academic Master degree, in humanities or social sciences
- experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- experience with use of internet tools (website maintenance)
- experience with social media tools
- experience with PR activities and marketing
- proficiency in English (C1 level, IELTS (6.5), TOEFL (new) 92, TOEFL (old) 580
- proficiency in Dutch.
- proven ability to plan and prioritize work and to work to and meet deadlines
- proven ability to efficiently manage and deliver on multiple parallel projects.
- effective communication skills (oral and written)
- intercultural skills
- excellent service skills, with experience of responding efficiently and effectively to enquiries.
- excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- ability to work as part of a team and undertake instruction
- ability to work under pressure.
Preference will be given to candidates acquainted with the Euroculture programme.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience of a minimum of € 2,552 up to a maximum of € 4,028 (salary scale 10 Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position, plus an 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in an employee pension scheme. The position is classified as 'onderwijscoördinator', according to the UFO (University Job Rankings) job profiles for 80% workload.
The appointment will be for a period of 6 months. During those 6 months, the candidate’ s performance will be assessed. Depending on proven qualities and an assessment conversation a temporary extension of the appointment could be possible, also pending the outcomes of 2 grant applications submitted by the consortium. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for the University of Groningen (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities 2015-2016, available in English at http://www.vsnu.nl).
Appointment commences: 1 June 2017.
This position is opened up in the framework of the Projectenbank, one of the projects of the Talent Travel Programm.
This means that all internal candidates can apply. Candidates with a permanent employment will be able to return to their current position. Read more about the conditions of participation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of motivation (in English) and a curriculum vitae (in English) until 14 May / before 15 May 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Marloes van der Weij, Coordinator Euroculture, +31 50 3634810, email@example.com
(please do not use for applications)